Tokai University European Center is proud to have celebrated its 50th anniversary, and we are very grateful to everyone who over the years has supported and contributed to our activities. We also appreciate the many congratulatory anniversary messages we have received from valued network members.
This anniversary page presents the main anniversary events that have taken place:
1) Anniversary Reception
2) QOL webinar series
3) 50-year Anniversary Publication
On September 1st, 2021, Tokai University European Center officially marked its 50th anniversary (one year delayed due to Covid-19) with a formal reception program. The program included attendance by guests at the European Center’s facilities in Vedbæk, as well as Japan-side guests attending online from the Embassy of Denmark in Japan. We would like to thank everyone who contributed to making this special event possible.
QOL Webinar Series:
A “Quality of Life” webinar series was conducted from 2020 to 2021 as a central component of the European Center’s 50th anniversary activities. The series included the following webinars aimed at addressing a variety of QOL-related themes:
- QOL Webinar #1: Digital Transformation (DX) and Work-Life Balance in Denmark under COVID-19 Pandemic
- QOL Webinar #2: QOL and Happiness in Denmark and Japan: The Nature of Societal Well-being
- QOL Webinar #3: Energy Transitions: Decarbonization of Energy Systems for Sustainable Society: Improving QOL
- QOL Webinar #4: QOL and Elderly Care in Denmark and Japan: Cultural perspectives on quality of care
- QOL Webinar #5: QOL and Gender Issues: Breaking down barriers and the importance of international collaboration
- QOL Webinar #6: Sustainable Tourism in a Post Covid-19 World: Developing the Industry Based on the SDG's
- QOL Webinar #7: International Development Assistance and QOL in the Developing World: Danish and Japanese Strategies
- QOL Webinar #8: Quality of Life and Mental Health for Children and Young Adults: Case Studies from Japan and Denmark
50th Anniversary Publication
The publication outlines activities from the European Center’s 50-year history spanning from 1970 to 2020 and features special anniversary messages.